What are the things you’re hesitant to forgive yourself for?
- Maybe you’re hesitant to forgive yourself for believing in potential with your ex? You thought you had something special but it turned out you were wrong.
- Maybe you’re hesitant to forgive yourself for trying and failing at that business venture? You went all in and gave it your all but it was a flop.
- Maybe you’re hesitant to forgive yourself for thinking you were ready for a new job? You left your old job only to realize it was a mistake.
- Maybe you’re hesitant to forgive yourself for not standing up for yourself previously, for not asking for more, for going back to your ex when you shouldn't have, for hiding your true self, etc.
You’re hesitant to forgive yourself for the things you blame yourself for.
But what do all those things have in common at the deepest level?
Those are all moments where you trusted yourself.
In retrospect you realize those were moments where you made a wrong decision… but at the time it was simply a moment where you trusted yourself.
- You trusted that you should see potential with your ex. You trusted it was there and you weren’t forcing it.
- You trusted that you should try that new business venture. You trusted that you had what it takes and you were ready for something new.
- You trusted that you were ready for that new job because you had outgrown your old job.
- You trusted that not speaking, playing it cool, matching energy, etc. was the right decision for YOU.
The things you look back on and still blame yourself for… what do they have in common?
Those were all moments where you trusted yourself. You trusted that your instinct was right.
Now ultimately and with hindsight you realize it wasn't right... but in that moment it was simply you making a decision based on trust in yourself. It was simply you acting on what you thought was right at the moment. It was simply you trusting your intuition.
That's pretty eye opening, it's it?
When you’re hesitant to forgive yourself, you're really just hesitant to trust yourself again.
When you hold onto blame, guilt or resentment against yourself for having made certain decisions in the past… what you're doing is refusing to trust yourself.
Forgiving yourself means trusting yourself again.
Don't you think you deserve to live life with trust in yourself?
Trusting yourself. That’s trusting that whatever decision you make - whether it leads to an ideal outcome or not - you're at peace with YOU. That's you acting on your intuition and no matter the result you can react to it.
Trusting yourself is freedom in life. Trusting yourself is inner peace.
Reclaim that trust again by forgiving yourself.
Why? Because you deserve to trust yourself.
You deserve to trust that your empathy is always well served.
You deserve to trust that your inclination to see the best in others is always well served.
You deserve to trust that your vision for more is always well served.
You deserve to trust that your drive, your motivation, your creativity and all your character attributes are well served.
Reclaim your trust. Reclaim your potential. Reclaim your confidence by forgiving yourself.